Subject: [Leica] IMG: Chemo....
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 06:59:14 -0700
References: <776037D3-7818-4228-801D-4857C80A55E6@mac.com> <CAF8hL-FVzPm28a2ReZ0R5bcp0_VUqOeKCvsdFGFuVF3XgAnrBQ@mail.gmail.com> <3D5BCE48-E0F2-43D4-A48E-DF6EFA501796@mac.com> <CAF8hL-EMVAfOT=g3z9Mnsd+ivO-x4TeRbmqZNvROpbNOLYBkFg@mail.gmail.com> <336F0CDE-BAA2-48FD-B9A0-413FBE22E56E@mac.com> <CAG8EVmyam3LnWdR9HgQ_64RQdcWYYqQ0Yd2=nf=b8TUVZEB1AA@mail.gmail.com> <D987AA86-B42B-48FF-BC69-7A34F7B0F8A2@embarqmail.com>

Sent from my iPhone
Steve Barbour

On Sep 18, 2011, at 6:51 PM, Ric Carter <ricc at embarqmail.com> wrote:

>>> The many medical professionals on this list know exactly what happens to
>>> people with cancer. Far too many of us also know because they have had to
>>> confront this black daemon in their own lives. I was not one of these
>>> people. I do not think those of us who have not had to deal with cancer
>>> face
>>> to face really know anything about what happens and what it is like. I
>>> certainly didn't. I had no idea how bad chemotherapy was and how sick my
>>> wife would be. I took the picture because I wanted to point to how
>>> chemotherapy has effected my wife and how it effects people who have to
>>> subject themselves to it. There are two things I want to do. One was to
>>> make
>>> a statement about how the Great Daemon effects people. I have done that.
>>> If
>>> I had the volume turned up too loud, I apologize.
>
> don't fall for the BS that words should not be needed with a photo--they
> are often necessary--here they would (and now have) added much dimension
> to the image you saw that morning.
>
> I see it very differently now
>
> a styrofoam head looks very different given your situation. It is very
> hard to encode it in a single image.
>
>>> So, what my picture today today was about is this. If you have a camera,
>>> and some, but not much talent, how to you use that to do something to
>>> make a
>>> statement about cancer and to use to help the women who suffer from this
>>> horrid disease.
>>>
>>> Any ideas? This was my first attempt. If I got it wrong I appologize.
>>>

> just look at the work of our brother steve barbour who has fought similarly
>
> all the best to you both in the battle
>
> ric

thank you Ric
a thought provoking image Barney
title, offensive? really now c'mon!
Barney our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

steve