Subject: [Leica] M9 TODAY! :-) YAHOO! WELL SORT OF! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 11:27:14 -0700

philippe.amard asked:
Subject: Re: [Leica] M9 TODAY! :-) YAHOO! WELL SORT OF! :-)

>>> Ted, is the colour rendition in your images true to what you saw?<<<

Bonjour Philippe,
In my usual KISS manner when the camera arrived my thought was get the ISO
set and ready to shoot. I didn't notice an instruction manual, but the
buttons appear somewhat similar to the M8.... that is until you push them.
:-) The first thing was the ISO appeared to be on some kind of "auto
setting" so I didn't fiddle it. Truth is I couldn't figure out how to change
anything! :-) But made some exposures, they looked OK so I didn't mess with
it.

When we went to Fisherman's Wharf, I turned the camera on and began clicking
away. The first couple looked amazing on the back screen so I just shot away
having fun. The difficult part was not to drool over the camera as I was
loving it with that 28mm lens. Perfect for that kind of shoot. :-)

So all I can  say is..... "What I shot is what you see!" And it was a
beautiful absolutely brilliant clear blue sky. And I'd say yes what you see
is pretty well what everything looked like.

But it truly is a beautiful Leica.... In my humble opinion? It's the best
I've ever had in my hands! Not that there was anything wrong with the M4's,
M5's, M6's, M7's given I always had three of them hanging about so I could
write with the cameras doing the documentaries without changing lenses or be
overly concerned about film changing at the wrong moment.

Who knows? If I last long enough I may yet own one. :-) Or I keep getting
free advertising for Leica each time I'm interviewed for the written media
or TV. Maybe one day Leica might see the light and realize I've been
plugging their gear since I began giving lectures and presentations in 1964.
Including 16 years as the spokesman/lecturer at the Leica Cape Cod
Seminar.This year it's all Tina's show! :-)

cheers,
ted