Subject: [Leica] IMG: Learning to Use Histograms
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 07:26:04 +1000

I absolutely claim no expertise on this subject. In general I do try to not
leave the right side of the histogram underemployed. The M8 and M9 LCD
histograms are only a guide of course.
For interest, Sandy McGuffog at Chromasoft has some alternative views.
He is an extremely knowledgeable person on the mechanics of digital images
and Adobe profiling for example. A very very smart operator.
http://chromasoft.blogspot.com/

I don't know if anyone else has seen Jeff Schewe's posts in the Adobe Forums
(and I have some very informative and helpful good books by him) but shall
we say that he holds firm views and is willing to share them ;-)

I have learnt a great deal from Sandy and Jeff. I think that you need to
read carefully what they actually say rather than think of pro and con
positions.

Cheers
Geoff

*Colour still has an M in it.*