Subject: [Leica] IMG: Learning to Use Histograms
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 09:07:55 -0700

My experience indicates that it depends on the chip.
I've found that with 3/4 chips, drawing out blacks is difficult and noisy.
I've found that with Medium Format backs, there is an incredible amount of
detail in the black that can be recovered.
Full size 35mm chips are in the middle somewhere.
CMOS is different than CCD.
Basically, trial and error, as Jim is doing, seems to work best for me with
my different outfits.
YMMV,
Bob

--