Subject: [Leica] extreme fast food
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 08:50:49 -0700

Richard Man offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] extreme fast food

> 1/3 of Americans are obese - not just overweight, but obese.
>
> The trend is that by 2050, the obesity rate will hit 50%.
>
> The effect will be mind boggling - food, productivity, healthcare, health
> related industry, drugs, oil, even size of the seats on the plane will be
> affected. Trickle down trickle down...

Hi Richard,
The same "FAT-OBESE" situation is growing (no pun intended) here in Canada.
:-( I understand some folks body systems in how their food intake and what
"food" they intake dissolves/digests creates some of the problem. In many
cases economics plays a role in what food people can afford to help maintain
healthy body weight. Proper food can be seen as very expensive for some
economic levels. So eating nothing but cheap "JUNK FOOD" constantly creates
what we see in so many of Jim Shulman's photos. "Huge how do they walk about
these obese human beings?" How do their knees, hips and lower body joints
carry the weight? The medical people are learning daily? They can't! IE:
more medical costs! :-(  Certainly for those least who can afford it! :-(

One can honestly say some folks just can't help it once they're "hooked!" So
they just continue to eat junk food and grow, falling by the wayside with
Diabetes or other "obese" related illnesses. I have great sympathy for some,
as it isn't an  easy task to drop 50 to 200 hundred pounds of excess body
mass. Unless a person is kept under absolute intake of food control. And up
go the medical costs once again!

So if your estimate for 2050 that 50% of USA citizens will be obese? The
medical cost to America will be astronomical.

The health results of looking after these unfortunates in health costs is
going to be far beyond what anyone expects compared to the costs of many
major medical disease situations. The answer to it??????????

Quite frankly I don't have a clue given it's basically a major disease
across America spreading to Canada at an alarming rate.

Anyone carrying more than what should be close to considered "normal weight"
have my most heart felt sympathies.

My good fortune has always been on the mark body frame and  weight. Probably
due to my life cycle of always being on the move and active involved
covering my assignments about the country and the world.

For what all this has to do with carrying a Leica???????? Just one of those
LUG Family off topic moments!"

cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from meanachomorris at gmail.com (Dominic Morris) ([Leica] extreme fast food)