Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Santa Monica
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 06:58:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Herb,

Thanks for taking a look. Glad you enjoyed.

I think the choice really boiled down to if color added to or helped with
the
image. In the first color image, "Bored To Shop," the red dress of the woman
drew my eye toward her. If I'd done it in BW, my eye would be drawn to the
bright door and sign of the Pandora store; the woman would have been much
darker
and not "eye catching". For the second color image, "Leaf Reading," I wanted
my
eye to see the reaction. If I did it in BW, the Enchantress would have been
much
lighter than the woman reacting and would have drawn my eye away from the
subject I wanted eyes to go to.

So it was more a question of did it help an image to be in color relative to
what I was trying to control for the viewer.

Hope that makes some sense...
Bob
 PS - Of course there is always this voice in the back of my head saying,
"Real
photographers shoot BW..." :-)

Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA