Subject: [Leica] Question on relative VF brightness.... Canon/Nikon/R8/SL to Visoflex
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 22:09:32 -0700

In my experience the Viso viewfinders are not as bright as the best SLR
viewfinders, but for Telyt use they are as good as anything. This has to do
with the fact that the Viso system is for 65mm and up, and serious macro
stuff. The optics are designed for longer lenses, and no compromises had to
be made for short focal lengths. Also, the prism is huge, and no compromises
were made. The lenses snap into focus with the best of SLR finders.

It is possible to put newer screens in Viso's; Beattie made one that fit.
That brightened the view, but I didn't feel it improved the focussing
accuracy for me.