Subject: [Leica] Paris tips-sites to see?
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:53:33 +0200 (CEST)

Message du : 17/08/2011
De : "Chris Williams " <zoeica at mac.com>
A : "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Copie ? :
Sujet : Re: [Leica] Paris tips-sites to see?

That's where all the Europeans go right?

I am a European, and have never been nor ever will get there !!!!
But Alice used to have a yearly pass ...

Montmartre is certainly worth a look when not crippled with tourists :-(
Nice view on the city at night though.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW-2010/2010-PAW-21-A+room+with+a+view+I-1000685.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW-2010/2010-PAW-21-A+room+with+a+view+II-1000687.jpg.html

The Louvres area.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW-2010/2010-PAW-April+in+Paris-Louvres-1160103.jpg.html

The banks of River La Seine  - Ile de la Cit? including Cathedrale Notre
Dame de Paris
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW/PAW-23-Paris+Spring.jpg.html

Le Marais too and Saint Germain des Pr?s

All of them are postcard-ready ...

The Eiffel tower - and Trocadero Square- offers views if you're patient
enough to queue for an undetermined length of time
I don't fancy the Champs Elys?es, at all, yet some do.

If you're looking for more intimate views, I think canal Saint Martin should
be fine.
http://tinyurl.com/3smohla

But what you might really enjoy as a novelty sic, is Le Chateau de
Versailles - built circa 1700 and a well kept symbol of absolute monarchy-
beautiful gardens, ? la Fran?aise.
http://en.chateauversailles.fr/homepage

For shopping, if a Mrs Williams is travelling with you, Alice's tip is: Le
Printemps and Galeries Lafayette - located Boulevard Haussmann

 Contact me off list for details or further help or advice.

My son lives next to the Eiffel tower and should be in Paris then, he might
help in case of trouble.

Welcome to the land of baguette, Camembert and b?r?ts ;-)
Philippe in Strasbourg

Chris