Subject: [Leica] Epson k3 vx HDR inks
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 00:53:58 -0400

Pigment inks. With a few more colors in it!  Its what most people think is
the way to go.  Carbon on black and white is proably even a step up from
there if you are doing just black and white.  My intuitions + some common
sense tells me I'm doing ok with Epson pigment inks. But I have really have
no way of knowing and as I said yesterday I don't believe anyone does..  A
hundred years has not happened yet.
When inkjet first came out we were all on the LUG trying it out the they
were saying the stuff would probably last ten or twenty years.
A  year later  all the stuff shifted big time. Faded. Got funny. Changed
color. Or less than a year even. Sometimes you could cont the shifts in
hours.  But I've not heard any surprises like that so far from pigment inks.
And it seems like its been a decade but I'd check on that.
Both Canon and HP have much more recently gotten into pigment instead of dye
and I can't think why their stuff would be less permanent than Epson.  How
dumb could they be?
But I'd not use anything but Epson. And I believe strongly that its all
about pigment ink on !00% rag paper.
--
Mark R.