Subject: [Leica] New: What are "pros" using? 4
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:14:03 -0400

And:

"By uploading User Content, however, you grant National Geographic (which
includes its subsidiaries, affiliates, joint venturers, and licensees) the
following rights: a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license to display,
distribute, reproduce, and create derivatives of the User Content, in whole
or in part, without further review or participation from you, in any medium
now existing or subsequently developed, in editorial, commercial,
promotional, and trade uses in connection with NG Products. National
Geographic may license or sublicense, in whole or in part, to third parties
rights in User Content as appropriate to distribute, market, or promote such
NG Products. An NG Product is defined as "a product of National Geographic,
a subsidiary, affiliate, joint venturer, or licensee of National Geographic,
in any language, over which National Geographic has Editorial Control.? For
the purposes of this Agreement, "Editorial Control" means the right to
review, consult regarding, formulate standards for, or to exercise a veto
over the appearance, text, use, or promotion of the NG Product. You also
agree that National Geographic may make User Content available to users of
the Site who may display and redistribute it in the same way that National
Geographic makes all other Content available."

Pretty complete rights grab!  I guess they are not aiming the My Photo
submissions at professionals.  Nobody would ever make a living giving away
rights like that.

Tina