Subject: [Leica] D700 or D7000
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:53:14 -0500

On Aug 15, 2011, at 11:21 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Its not the pixel counts which excite me..
> Its the quality in the end becuae each pixel is realyl a very very nice
> pixel. Big. With lots of room around it to breath. And a nice  "pitch".
> That's what its all about and what makes medium format better than full
> frame and full frame better than cropped.

I agree that it's not the pixel count
but rather the quality of the pixel that excites the eyes.

And that is why the CCD sensors continue to delight my eyes
over the Cmos sensors (whether FF or not).

The medium format backs have always gone CCD;
with one exception - which failed miserably in the market.

CCD without AA is where we see the ultimate image quality
(so far - and if not considering super high ISO performance).

My "little" M8 and DMR CCD sensors
deliver the same "type" of image quality\
as we see in medium format backs
(though with less information).
The M9 offers more information with the same quality
(and I'd sure love to have one).
The S2 offers yet more
(and I'd sure love to have one).
The CFV39 offers yet more