Subject: [Leica] Flogging a dead horse, or color balance
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:52:02 -0700

I think I got the answer. The in-camera color balance setting not
only affects the jpg if jpg is requested, but it also is carried in
the EXIF info. The programs that render the DNG apply this setting.
LR, of course can do what it is requested, but my correspondent told
me that if he sets an inappropriate color balance in the camera,
"auto" in LR makes the picture look reasonable, but "as shot" in LR
shows the effect of the inappropriate in-camera balance setting.

Herb
--
Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org