Subject: [Leica] D700 or D7000
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 00:36:38 -0700

At the moment, my "other" camera is a Panasonic G1. It's no Leica, but I
laughingly call it "Boris" because it's usually good enough.(*)

I love its small size and light weight. The kit zoom is amazingly good,
though slow, and the 20/1.7 is astounding.  The articulated LCD gives me
a waist or floor-level view easily.  What I don't like is the shutter
lag and long blackout. The electronic eye-level viewfinder is about as
good as it currently gets, and sports a live histogram. ISO 400 is good,
but ISO 800 is so-so, and above that, forget it.

The G1 is a versatile jack-of-many trades with many SLR features (and a
few of its own) in a smaller, fun package.  An action or available dark
camera it isn't. A take-anywhere camera that can make a very nice 8x10
print in reasonable light, it is.  It ain't no steenkin' point-and-shoot.

--Peter

(*) The above joke will only make sense to opera lovers or readers of
Pushkin.

---------
 > How do you know that? Rumours are that Sony are not renewing their
A900/850