Subject: [Leica] Thinking about a D700 or D7000 long reply IMGs
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 12:05:12 +0530

Doug,
I did not tell Alastair anything about the DMR (of which I have zilch
experience), but I did tell him that, in my experience (I have actually been
to the Mara a couple of times, you know), long telephoto lenses with AF and
VR are invaluable in Africa, and make capturing wildlife action much easier
- something that Howard also realized after coming to India to photograph
tigers with MF telephotos (both Nikon and Leica lenses) - so he, too, chimed
in accordingly.

I fail to understand why you are so prickly about the DMR - after all, it is
just  a piece of equipment.

Cheers
Jayanand