Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sunday Morning, NOW FEATURE :-) Ida Townsip, Monroe County, Michigan - Ken's suggestion
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:30:36 -0700

>>>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/skalte/untitled-1-2_001.jpg.html
> > Better? <<<<<<<

Hi Susan,
And Ken.......................
A couple of things.
I like this slightly cropped version above as it adds impact and balance the
first doesn't.
My gut feelings are I'd go with the cropped version without blinking an eye.

HOWEVER???????????? We do have a great number of members with other ideas,
so as always....... THE FINAL PRODUCT ABSOLUTELY COMES DOWN TO THE
PHOTOGRAPHER WHO MADE THE EXPOSURE AND HIS OR HER LIKES.

We can also throw in for the original shooter........ "run with what you see
and feel within the parameters of your heart always!  Take the critiques,
take the best of them or it and if that feels cool? THEN RUN WITH IT ! GAME
OVER!

I'm fascinated by your discussions of the software stuff yu use? As I don't
have a clue what you are talking about let alone know if it were on my
computer and how to make it work.  My system..... KISS!!! COMPLETELY.

I down load the card to computer from the assignment I've been shooting. At
least two locations a week since the last week of December 2010. Immediately
burn a CD with the images without even looking other than make sure
everything is there. Put that CD into file, good bad and ugly, it doesn't
matter as that's a complete back-up record.

Back to computer, click each image not in Photoshop, but wherever & they
open full frame? If I really like it, I Write the frame number down as a
first cut edit. Move along the line until I'm finished, sometimes first
choice selection 60 or more out of several hundred.

Into Photoshop, click open first frame on edit list, everything is auto
everything from there and as long as they look cool on screen? That's it!
Size, tweak and save to main edit folder ready for burning final CD with all
tweaked photos! Delivery to client next day or two! :-) Dang it's so easy. A
no brainer if ever! :-)

I gave up messing with all that soft ware do dad stuff as it merely adds
about ten times the work! And one does so much more fiddling and (pardon me
but) farting about! My way surely isn't the right way? It's like, if it
looks cool? It's cool! Get over it and move on!

Quite frankly on every Saturday morning since January 1 2011 my photography
photo feature "Homes Beautiful" have been seen by people all over North
America in the "HOME FEATURE SECTION" of their local papers those owned by
"POST MEDIA CORP."  It's been a blast, walk in with camera, take shoes off
and freely walk about these magnificent homes freely clicking away to my
heart and one good eye's content! :-) No tripod, no light meter in hand,
diddly squat but me and camera and superwide  (sorry) super wide Canon zoom
lens always at widest angle zoom. Look through view finder, compose
carefully, line up vertical lines on both sides of inside camera view
finder, little red light flashes ..... CLICK!" Move on! :-)

Each Saturday morning a picture spread has been the full front page of the
home section and the double truck centre sections! Sometimes a "SINGLE
PHOTO" edge to edge of the centre section!  The e-mail accolades have been
quite amazing to both the writer and myself on our efforts. :-) Just got to
love it! :-) And we're talking about homes that cost in the
multi-millions!!!!! Very cool assignment indeed! :-)

At least there are no IED's to step on and get my legs blown off! :-)

See, it's so easy when you just KISS it! :-) Don't think about it, just do
it! If it looks cool ? Don't mess with it! :-)  Run with it! ;-)
cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] IMG: Sunday Morning, NOW FEATURE :-) Ida Townsip, Monroe County, Michigan - Ken's suggestion)
Reply from scoutfinch at chartermi.net (Susan Ryan) ([Leica] IMG: Sunday Morning, NOW FEATURE :-) Ida Townsip, Monroe County, Michigan - Ken's suggestion)