Subject: [Leica] A good review of the S2 in a Safari
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:13:27 -0400

Richard Man wrote:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/on_safari.shtml

Of notes is the exemplary service provided by Leica on lens replacement, and
the "tonality suckout" (push the histogram to the right).

Now, where did I hide that $40K... :-)
<<<

>From the above link:

"In terms of low light capabilities, long lenses, zoom lenses and fast
motor drives, Pro level 35 mm DSLR's are unmatched. This is why most
serious photographers on Safari carry Pro level Canon or Nikon DSLR's with
massively heavy zoom and long lenses.

In spite of these capabilities, I make no secret of the fact that in
general I do not like these cameras.  In my humble opinion, they are too
big, too heavy, suffer from horrible ergonomics, suffer from "feature
creep" with too many buttons and also suffer from ridiculously convoluted
menus. I also find that the auto features in these cameras, such as auto
focus and auto exposure fail for me the vast majority of the time..."

I like this guy.

More that I agree with: his "Tips and Suggestions to Improve Your Wildlife
Images".  Read, absorb, but don't copy.  Develop your own technique, but
whatever it is stay outside the box.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] A good review of the S2 in a Safari)