Subject: [Leica] 2 bath Pyrocat-HD
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 08:16:50 -0700

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 7:37 AM, Richard Wasserman
<disfromage at ameritech.net> wrote:
> ... I use reduced agitation?... which increases edge effects ...

FWIW, my standard development procedures when I was using the Rollei
SL66 with Tmax 100 was to use dilute (1:3) Microdol-X with agitation
at 3 minute intervals.  The infrequent agitation gave great sharpness,
which was a real plus with the enlarger, but it has turned out to be a
mistake with digital tools when these negatives are scanned and
printed today.  I find it much easier to sharpen in Photoshop than to
reduce the grain (and local unevenness) caused by the infrequent
agitation.  If I were to go back to shooting the SL66 and Tmax 100,
I'd look at developers that gave me maximum smoothness and leave the
sharpening to PS,  where I can do it locally as opposed to globally.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from csaganich at gmail.com (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] 2 bath Pyrocat-HD)
Reply from disfromage at ameritech.net (Richard Wasserman) ([Leica] 2 bath Pyrocat-HD)