Subject: [Leica] Lusting for an M9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 21:20:36 -0400

Let me just say that I also treat digital shooting like its slide film
exposing for the highlights or in other terms placing them carefully and
letting the shadows pretty much fall where they may as they can invariably
be brought up later.
I only like to say this at this point because to me basic point like this is
not a clear consensus yet out there.  If I mention this on the list I'll get
plenty of argument. But I've been shooting like this for years and I feel
very secure in it.

But I've never shot medium format digital.
And I've heard  though that in medium format digital work its somehow
basically different. And that its more important to place shadows and the
highlights can be delta with later.  How or why that could be different I
cant guess as you treat small format film exposure the same as you'd treat
large format filim.
 As you're experienced in medium format work, Paul perhaps you'll  know if
that dichotomy really exists. Now I'm looking up dichotomy .... Yep! Right
word!

Mark William Rabiner