Subject: [Leica] US inferior in education?
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:10:39 -0500

Let's face it our system of public education is failing because of budget
reductions and teach to the test. We will someday need to learn, if we are
still capable, that we need to now more than how to add and subtract and to
read. Our expectations for children are lower by the year. The political
mess we find ourselves in today is the result of civics classes being cut so
we can teach people how to read over many years, and look what we get!