Subject: [Leica] Down with Bambi
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 01:46:10 -0400

> Here are a few solutions to that problem:
>
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/mammals/carnivores/coyo02.html
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/strigiformes.html
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/accipitridae/rthawk.html
>
> Many california vinyards now use Barn Owl nest boxes instead of
> rodenticides to control mice & rats.
>

> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

After seeing owls at work in Washington and in New Mexico, hunting and
killing their prey in complete silence, I came to believe that they are
pretty much the ultimate apex stealth predator. I may be incorrect in
the apex part as they may be prey to other birds, but that bird would
take a severe cutting up from an owl.

Phil Forrest