Subject: [Leica] IMG: Panorama skies
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 07:18:06 +1000

Hi Tina. That's quite a view! I bet all of the M9 users were smiling more
than the larger format folks after the hikes ;-)

Do you mean lighter to darker bands due to vignetting in each individual
frame or blotchy overall effect where the tone should be smooth and
continuous?
Two things I do are
shoot frames to be stitched with a moderate wide only, stopped down and in
vertical orientation (I use the new 35 and 30 degree increments currently
while I'm learning) and
be sure to use a good amount of masking when you apply capture sharpening
(the Faces preset in LR3 is an excellent place to start). You can be
selective where you use any output sharpening by using an adjustment brush
of course.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/133506658

Cheers
Geoff

*Life's not black and white, except at both ends*
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman