Subject: [Leica] Photoshop guru needed
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:27:48 -0700

That's the problem with grab shots, no lighting control.
If the guy was accommodating, as it appears he was, you could of walked him
over to a better location, within a 20-30 foot radius.
I pulled it off the page and ran it through PS. While there are a few
tweezes that can be can done, it looked essentially the same. The flare on
the shoulder was easy to take care of. But it's all those areas in the
background that are really tedious to deal with. Also, the chicken is too
flat.
Then there's always the old standby, when in doubt, flash fill.
Scene fidelity tests, as a rule of thumb, should always be done prior to any
shooting, per specific location. It doesn't matter if it's an auditorium, or
a beach scape (which I dealt with over the past 24 hours).
The custom space, sometimes marked C on a wheel, should be used to save key
settings for lighting situation you're already familiar with.
On paper, Mark, I would of printed it with a 3 filter, and then burned the
face slightly with the #5, to separate the values.
S.d.