Subject: [Leica] Faces
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 06:50:34 +0200

Le 29 juin 11 ? 05:09, Jayanand Govindaraj a ?crit :

> This photo is from March 2010, on the platform of New Delhi railway
> station, waiting for a train to take a bunch of us to Ranthambhore. It
> helped that there was this bearded foreigner, Howard Cummer, snapping
> away near me and therefore being the subject of all the attention! The
> pity is that the authorities, as stupid and paranoid as they tend to
> be anywhere in the world, have since banned photography at train
> stations in India, so this sort of photograph cannot be taken right
> now.

Pity! I simply hope it is only temporary ...

Your photo belongs to the Beautiful Faces of India right away, it
looks just as I remember my travels there 30 years or so ago - I can
nearly feel the taste of the piping hot tea they sold on the
platforms. Thank you Jayanand for sharing these treasures. Marvellous
people indeed and such a good photo he writes with a bit of nostalgia...

Amiti?s
Philippe