Subject: [Leica] Cannot upgrade M8 firmware
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 15:05:27 +0000 (UTC)

That is exactly the utility I was referring to - got there from a link on a
Panasonic website, but your link is to the actual utility. :-) I have used
this for several years and am now using the v.3 software in various Leica,
Panasonic, Canon and other products. As you caution, do an in-camera device
after the base format. I have never had any issues at all with v.2 or
v.3-formatted cards.

John Newell