Subject: [Leica] Cannot upgrade M8 firmware
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 07:09:38 -0700

Have you tried the Reset button under the main menu?  That should get you
back to factory set options...and regular use of your memory cards.

A more probable solution.....  Can you read the cards on ANY other computer?

What SIZE memory cards are you using?  I'll bet on bigger than 2GB.  Your
memory card reader  ( the thing connected to your computer) is not Sdhc
compatible... meaning 2GB MAX.  You need a SDHC compatible reader... ( = or
bigger than 4GB compatible).

Change the reader.....  the problem should go away...

BTW, I have bought less than $1 SDHC readers from Hong Kong ( EBay) and find
they work as well or better than the big brand name readers.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Since I had my M8 and M9, I could never read their cards with a card reader.
I hae two card readers.  Both work fine with my 5DII.  I use San Disk
Extreme cards with my digital Ms.  I can only upload files by connecting the
Ms themselves, with card inside, to the Mac.

I upgraded the M9 firmware by changing the card transfer type to Mass
Storage from PTP.  I can't find this option in the M8, so I cannot upgrade
the firmware.  Any suggestions?

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Cannot upgrade M8 firmware)