Subject: [Leica] My M8 FW Downlaod is wrong......
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 06:53:13 -0700

My suspicion is that the on board memory ( Flash) is not big enough.
Unless they hand code the FW to pack it more densely.  Which I suspect, the
people in charge do not know is possible, or decide that it is too
expensive.

OTOH, if you have a memory card in there anyway, why not execute what is
basically a boot program from that storage and set parameters from that?

I firmly believe it is possible, but the support needed to make it happen is
lacking.

For me, and my legacy lenses, mount conversion is not possible.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Maybe not enough ram or processor power to add it?
It is certainly a disappointment, though I have not found it as useful on
the M9 as I expected. Maybe it is age but I do sometimes forget to change
settings in the heat of the moment when I change a lens. Adding the 21mm
correction to a 50mm lens is not a gain...
Frank D

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] My M8 FW Downlaod is wrong......)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] My M8 FW Downlaod is wrong......)
Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] My M8 FW Downlaod is wrong......)