Subject: [Leica] New Leica M Stuff
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:49:21 -0700

$2995.  But the included Lens Hood IS metal......

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

The last new Leica lens I bought... hmm... come to think of it, the ONLY new
Leica lens I bought, was the 50/1.4 Summilux ASPH, back in 2005. It was one
of the last of the first batch - after that, it was unavailable for months.
Any case, it was a lot of money then: $2595. That was and still is a tour de
force design with unparalleled performance. I didn't check, but I suppose
the current new price is probably more like $3995.

So tell me why I should be excited about a $2995 lens with a F3.4 aperture
:-)?

// tongue firmly in cheek