Subject: [Leica] New Leica M Stuff
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:12:43 +1000

Sigh.
The M9-P is not a limited edition for collectors, just has some requested
cosmetic updates.
One dealer jumped the gun packaging it with a chrome Noctilux though. That
is a handful of cameras only.

I think we probably will see an M10 announcement (maybe next photokina?).
Seems logical. Now at least they may survive and have the resources to
actually handle that development. That and millions from Andreas Kaufmann.
We should be thankful that he is apparently a passionate collector himself
as well as a pretty courageous business man presumably!

I'm pretty sure they won't rely on an advisory amateur CEO 'cloud' to tell
them how they 'need to act or innovate' to develop that new camera though.
The M9 was a low risk project with existing partners and
design/components since development was concurrent with the S2. Stefan
Daniel was quite open when he said that they simply did not have the
capability to develop two new cameras/systems concurrently.

The M8.3 idea still makes no sense to me, not that my opinion matters either
but again Stefan Daniel has said it will not happen.

I don't need a 21mm but the specs of the new one certainly look fine. The
current Elmarit is discontinued (as was the 24).

Cheers
Geoff

*Life's not black and white, except at both ends*
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman