Subject: [Leica] New Leica M Stuff
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 17:23:05 -0400

The traditional Leica catalog from the 50's through 70's gave you three
choices for each focal though.
Cheap, medium and expensive
Slow, medium and fast
Compact, medium and big.

Its nice to have those options.
I have two 90's now a Summicron and an Elmarit.
Medium and fast.
I have slow, medium and fast 50's.
For when you need those options. And I like having them.
And sometimes you have more money than other times.

The new 21 from Leica will be an Leica way to take pictures.
You'll be able to carry your camera with you all day with that lens on it
and it will not get in the way. Like you could with the SA. And get
EVERYTHING.  And way better than bloated Canon and Nikon DSLR options.

To me its the slow glass is what Leica m  is all about.
Its nice like a bloated lens gives you a brighter screen to pop in and out
of focus and viewing with.  Having a 3.5 lens does not slow up your viewing
or focusing. That's a huge advantage over groundglass using DSLR use.

Plus it likely to be the best lens ever made by far in this focal though.

Mark William Rabiner