Subject: [Leica] 9 Self Portraits
From: rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 16:14:05 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sat, 6/18/11, Montie Talbert <montoid at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Yes, I can see where that would be a challenge, maybe best
> to go with a super wide and "wow" them with unusual
> perspective and shiny paint. ;-)

The thought occurred to me but I've seen enough of that approach for now;
it's become a crutch.  Only a very few of the shots I've seen actually
demonstrate the capabilities of superwides; they're just an easy way to make
a "different" shot. I decided before I went to the show to leave the
superwides home and see what I could do just working in the midrange.  I had
the PanaLeica with the 20/1.7 and a Canon with 24-70, and nothing else.

R. Clayton McKee
PhotoJournalist
from somewhere just south of somewhere else...