Subject: [Leica] Leica prices (formerly M9)
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:08:39 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>An M9 cost 7 grand now in 2011.
>In 1975 money according to CPI Inflation Calculator that's
>$1,666.64
>Now what camera cost  $1,666.64 in 1975 I'm trying to think?

You're missing several parts of the equation.  You need to look at the total
cost of ownership: initial outlay, variable costs, maintenance, resale value
and time value of money.  Then there's the ROI side of camera ownership: is
one camera more productive than the other, and how do you put a value on the
productivity?  For some of us the value of the productivity is easy: sales.
For others it's the joy of looking at the results.  Hard to put a value on
that.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com