Subject: [Leica] Tortie Beauty Shot
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:07:15 -0500

The little tortie kitten  we found across the street is doing fine after two
weeks.  She stopped long enough for a portrait sitting last night.

http://sonc.com/look/?p=1135

If you haven't been following her story:

The little kitten was abandoned across the street at a house where people
were moving out. We heard her crying, so we went over and fed her.

The next day we saw the people, and they said she wasn't theirs. We took her
to the vet and got her checked out and a flea treatment.

She's healthy, very playful and active.

Our other cats have varying reactions

Izzy hisses and other histronics, though she could easily avoid encounters.

Buddy is nervous around her, but then he's an old guy and always always
nervous about change.

Henri, the youngest  has been playing chase and wrestling with her.

She's one of the most active kittens we've ever seen. Then she sleeps. ;-)
We called her Petunia at first at the vet, but now she's "Sasha." She's what
you call a tortoise-shell or tortie color; brown, black and white.

Supposedly torties bring you luck, if they adopt you, but our town no longer
has a shelter, so the only opportunity for kittens to be rescued here is to
be lucky themselves and to be found by people who like cats.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/