Subject: [Leica] LUG Digest, Vol 48, Issue 55
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 09:26:43 -0400

Larry,
I would not be surprised if Fuji is going to release the X100 with a 3/4th
mount or even in M-mount. Just like Cosina they seem to be willing to do
some daring and not just market-driven stuff (look at their 667 Ikonta-style
folder!).
 If the X100 is a huge success the logical step would be to add lens
versatility (maybe not full frame). It would be my choice to use my ZM and M
lenses on. The X100 is (close) to what Kyocera should have released as a
Contax G3.
Jan

Hoppy,
... I, for one would like to see Leica cram an M8
sized sensor into a CL sized body with its decent viewfinder and adequate
rangefinder and sell it for half the price. I, for one would but it in an
instant even if it was made by Panasonic, Fuji, or any one of those products
of Asian companies that Leica affixed its badges to in the past. Leica is a
production limited company but both Pansonic and Fuji have plenty of
manufacturing capacity. Think of all the additional glass that Leica could
sell. But not to me. I have plenty of Leica lenses that I could fit to a
reasonably priced Leica digital.
Larry Z