Subject: [Leica] Another R option (now M9)
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 21:08:12 -0400

Frank,
I am with, 7K for a RF camera is definitely out of the question for me.  I
will hold on to my used M6 ($1100 with 3.5/50mm Elmar, case & lots of film)
and hope for someone like Fuji or Cosina to give us an affordable digital M
body down the road. Fujifilm may be only just flexing its muscle with the
X100.

I was reasonably interested in getting into the R system after the ingenious
Kyocera Contax N / 645  systems went under.  With the supersonically priced
S2 system Leica has definitely lost me (and I am sure many others) as a
potential SLR customer.

Anyone know what's the hold-up with the Zeiss/Cosina 1.5/50mm Sonnar not
being available from any of he usual suspects (B&H etc.) right now?  Was
Cosina affected by the Tsunami?

1.5/50 Sonnar is the next lens on my list for the M6 after a huge
disppointment with H. Scherer's work on my Zeiss Ikon Contax IIIa (now
sold).
Jan