Subject: [Leica] Infrared Help
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:55:37 -0400

Lug:

I bought a B+W 092 filter for my M8 to take to the Sierra Nevada and
Yosemite next week to try out some infrared photos.  I've never done
infrared, film or digital, and would appreciate some advice.  I've posted my
first attempts:

http://www.pbase.com/image/135593705

And keep hitting Next for eight more times.  The very last one is with the
M9. I think the M8 is supposed to be best for infrared, right?  I can use
the filter on my 35/1.4 and my 24/2.8 - maybe more with adjustment rings.

I'm sure I'll be doing more landscape than people stuff with this filter,
but I couldn't resist trying some of Tom baling hay.  I think I like the
barn ones best? I should have posted some landscape ones with clouds but
none of those came up 3 stars or better on LR ;-)..

Any advice you could give me on infrared before I start out on Saturday -
one week in Golden Trout Camp, Sierra Nevada with Paul Rourk's print
workshop and one week on our own in Yosemite.  Any advice on what to see and
do in Yosemite would also be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Tina

--
Tina Manley, ASMP