Subject: [Leica] Photos banned - Where is this country headed?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 03:00:26 -0400

The first amendment in the US is always up against such local idiocy and it
always prevails. One can be cynical about various things which go on but the
first amendment despite crazy factions always hang in there. This local law
won't last long.

The week I came to NY which was 5 years ago almost to the day they decided
that maybe it would be nicer if there was no photography on the subways.
Somebody might get worried or upset.
There goes the body of work of Bruce Davidson!
So of course the photographers rose up and took the the streets on a certain
day. Or under them like rats that's where the subways are.  I wish I'd known
about it I'd have  joined them.
You can now shoot in the subways anytime you want. I just did a minute ago.

Mark

Mark William Rabiner