Subject: [Leica] IMG: Potted Pigeon also nouvelle cuisine
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 23:22:05 -0400

The Brits apparently find pigeons delicious like the French eat frogs I saw
"The Trip" last night and these guys go to all these nouvelle cuisine joints
out in the amazing English countryside in a Range Rover armed with killer
impressions of Michael Caine and James Bond. And Hugh Grant. And Anthony
Hopkins and a few other Welshman. And they never  shut up.
Don't leave home and not see it! Though its great its a tad uneven. A few
hills.
My next exotic vacation I'm going to exotic Briton. I may learn English for
the occasion.
Oh I almost forgot twice at these various high end restaurants which are
almost like bed and breakfasts the one guy orders Pigeon. And I don't think
it was a metaphore.  Though in nouvelle cuisine mode it may have been tofu
just as well.  Pigeon on the half shell. Here in NY they think of them as
"rats with wings". Me I love them more than the average critter. Sitting on
a park bench they are sometimes all there is to talk to.

Mark

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] IMG: Potted Pigeon also nouvelle cuisine)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Potted Pigeon also nouvelle cuisine)