Subject: [Leica] High Line Park Flowers against the night sky
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 22:58:12 -0400

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/110512_200442.jpg.html

I shot this  8:04 PM 12th May on High Line Park the park in the sky we have
here in NY. That's right we have parks in the sky. You need to take the
elevator to get to it. Or use balloons. Or buy some real good crampons.
Very odd flora and fauna on this long skinny park which used to be a rail
way.  Make that just flora the raccoons have problems in the elevator and it
seems to be fairly critter free.
The "Park" has a view of everything else for a backdrop in Chelsea or the
Meatmarket area of lower NY.  Or you can like me use the sky as your
backdrop. They just put the High line Park (its high and its a line and its
a park) up last year and its not quite finished yet.  But lots of people
texting as they walk along the high tech walkway sniffing the plants and
sneezing. And holding hands with someone else in the real world.

100th of a second at f4 and be there with my 24mm 2.8 AF. Which I've started
using a lot at f8 with the pop of flash at night or dusk.
But that was then and this is now.
That was dusk but I used the "dusk for night" app. Which is easier than "Day
for night".
Shot a month ago to the day almost. Wow have I changed as a photographer
since then! If I shot it  now I'd  shoot it at f11 with the pop up.. It
would probably fall to iso 6400. The pop up flash at 6400 does what a Norman
200 flash does at 100 is my guess.  I'm not in math mode.
But this shot was no flash and the iso came out to be iso 250. So I could
blow this puppy up the size of a barn and not worry about noise if I
sharpened it a bit too much. That's how I look at high rez.

Most my shots in the past month or so have been toned black and white. Cold
toned or warm. Or any odd color I feel like in the little interface.
This looks like cyan blue toned black and white but the reason why its  cyan
blue is because that's the color of the sky and the shot is regular real
color.  As in "color photography"  And that was about the only color in the
picture anyway. The flowers being silhouetted. a severely restricted color
scheme.
I think I like wild flowers the best if that's what these are.
If they're not I apologize. But they are sure were weird.  I'm glad they not
carnivorous I didn't tern my back on them.
When you come to NY the first thing you do for sure is go to sky line or
High Line park what every they call it. Bring your camera. Leave your dog or
cat at home with a sitter.  And don't eat the daisies though they might eat
you first
http://www.thehighline.org/

Mark

Mark William Rabiner