Subject: [Leica] IMG: Oak Tree Root
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 22:22:09 -0500

Hi Al,

The tree is to the right of the image.  This is one of the knots that
sometimes appear on roots that spread at surface level, and the root
re-enters the ground and continues on to the left of the image.  The top of
the knot has been chewed away by the mower on many passes over the years,
leaving a hole that appears to be surrounded by wood.

I could see rotted material in the bottom of the hole, but I didn't explore
it with my hand.......

Thanks for looking.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA