Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Gathering at Qarabagh, Afghanistan
From: hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson)
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 11:35:14 +0430

Dr. Ted - many thanks for your special comments, they mean a lot to
me.  Yes, these are the people I am surrounded with, I cannot say I
have met anyone who is really frightening, although I am sure members
of the Taliban have visited our offices, I was introduced, we all had
tea, and it was quite normal.

Hugh

On 5-Jun-11, at 10:02 AM, tedgrant at shaw.ca wrote:

> Nice documentary photography of the gathering! Obviously gentlemen
> having a good time.
>
> Actually these are the very best photographs from Afganhastan I've
> ever seen without a bunch of SOB's with AK47's at the ready! :-(
>
> Sorry I know you're on the scene experience and know the people are
> not all wanting to kill the infidels'. So I very much appreciate
> what you've shown all of us that these are fine gentlemen who'd much
> rather enjoy a meal than killing other human beings!

"Pakistan, Afghanistan & South Asia"

hewthompson at mac.com

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] IMGS: Gathering at Qarabagh, Afghanistan)