Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Gathering at Qarabagh, Afghanistan
From: hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson)
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 07:02:59 +0430

Jayanand - thank you.  I do not know much about such instruments, and
could not talk to the players, but you are probably correct.  What
interested me was the number of strings, what a task it was to tune
the thing.

Hugh

On 5-Jun-11, at 6:25 AM, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

> Nice set - the rabob is like a sarod, is it? Looks like a folk
> version of a
> sarod, a standard fretless instrument very common in Indian
> classical music.

"Pakistan, Afghanistan & South Asia"

hewthompson at mac.com

Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMGS: Gathering at Qarabagh, Afghanistan)