Subject: [Leica] M8 Repair... Update
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 19:28:33 -0500

On May 29, 2011, at 6:45 PM, Frank Filippone wrote:

> I was comparing film through a loupe to my M8 ( or D1x) Files.  The film is
> noticeably sharper....   Edges are sharper, overall look is sharper.
>
> TMax100 in TMax RS.  ASA 100, as an example./... Same Leica lenses.  (
> obviously different Nikon lenses.,)  35 Summicron, and for a new lens, the
> WATE, for example.
>
> No comparison through my eyes.

To compare a black and white ISO 100 negative
viewed through an 8x (or whatever X) loupe
with a digital file viewed on a 72 ppi monitor screen
does not make a whole lot of sense to me.
Apples and oranges kind of thing

Make a print at the size of the loupe's power
from both the negative and the digital file
(hopefully of the same subject, lighting, lens, etc.).
At least then you'll have two different apples to compare.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com