Subject: [Leica] More Travel Photos
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 20:19:14 +0530

A couple more from Egypt, both of which were used in Print Exchanges last
year.

The first one was taken when I was lounging on my hotel balcony one morning
when this couple arrived in a SUV at the beach below. The chauffeur then
carried the chairs and tables to the edge of the Mediterranean, and then
discreetly withdrew. Then the couple sat down, had a cup of tea (I presume)
and enjoyed each others company for some time. It was also quite windy and
nippy that morning, and the whole scene was quite surreal as there was not
another soul on the broad beach!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/ireland/DSC_0095.jpg.html

The second one was taken in Abu Simbel - a Japanese couple doing what they
do when they travel - taking photographs. I am guessing they were
honeymooners by the way they were behaving. I was taken up by that hulking
'grim reaper' looking shadow looming to the right:

But at my back I always hear
Times winged chariot hurrying near
And yonder before us lie
Deserts of vast eternity

I thought that Andrew Marvell's lines, penned to his coy mistress, described
that scene very well, as we really were in the middle of a vast empty desert
at this location:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/ireland/DSC_0058.jpg.html

C&C, as ever, welcome

Cheers