Subject: [Leica] Barcelona old area - Jim Shulman and HCB
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 21:47:38 -0600

Lluis wrote:
I think remember that "Images ? la
sauvette" is much more hard to find and expensive than the English
edition "The decisive moment", I think that only the French edition
has the nice cover by Matisse

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shihlun/431235514/

I think that's right, Lluis.  The Memphis photographer Wm. Eggleston showed
me his copy back in 1968 and I recall the Matisse cover.  He was struck by
the gravure printing and tried to achieve a similar look in his early b/w
photos.  I tried too, but with less success. ;-)

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Barcelona old area - Jim Shulman and HCB)