Subject: [Leica] Erwin Puts new Leica Compendium
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 04:11:38 -0400

Knowing WHAT helps us take better pictures?
I always say to people they should know what Edward Weston had for breakfast
and then they'll get better separation in their highlights and stronger
blacks. Especially if they eat the same thing. But they never believe me.
And I'm not totally kidding.
Know  your photographers!
Know  your cameras!
Know historic Dates! (1888- First Kodak camera, 1914- Oscar Barnack, invents
camera using the modern 24x36mm frame and 35mm movie film.)
Make lists and databases!
The time you spend reading all those books you'll be off the hook on having
to use your cameras or be printing.

Mark

Mark William Rabiner
Photography