Subject: [Leica] Erwin Puts new Leica Compendium
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 09:43:29 +1000

For anyone interested, my pre-ordered copy arrived today. It is much larger
than the previous (out of print) Lens Compendium, both larger format and
about 600 pages vs. 240 or so for the last. The lens section contains the
content of the older one but updated with the newest designs and the MTF
diagrams as in the little Pocket Book are now added plus more pictures and
colour. Its now a camera as well as lens compendium and there are abot 200
pages on history and camera design and construction too..
For people like me who are interested in the history and technical side as
well as photography it is a very comprehensive and valuable resource. I read
that Erwin had sold out the original run of 1000 and then got 100 more from
the publisher. Those are reported to be gone as well. However LFI for
example offers it for sale and possibly some other outlets. Possibly some
remaining, I don't know.

Cheers
Geoff

*Life's not black and white, except at both ends*
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Erwin Puts new Leica Compendium)