Subject: [Leica] Hot news! There is life in film yet.
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 10:34:58 +0100

Lluis, Ted,

I "still" use B&W film almost exclusively. The trouble is definitely souping
it
which has to be done for me by a third party. However once the neg is done
and
scanned (prinitng isn't an option for me) there is still a lot of work that
you
can do in PS or whatever you use. Printing is also still an art. Creativity
is a
must.

There are quite a few kids using film and that is very welcome. A photography
teacher I met some years ago said that they used it because it made the
students
stop and think about their subject.

Then of course there is the "individualistic" and "alternative" lifestyles
side
of things. A lot of younger people want to reject certain consumer values. Is
the LUG a repository of our "alternative" past? ;-)

Regards,

Peter