Subject: [Leica] Hot news! There is life in film yet.
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 13:39:33 +0930

> No: ?the silver is removed in development in XP-2.

Not just in XP2 but in all C41 process films - the bleach or blix
(bleach/fix) does this, depending on whether you have 3-step or 4-step
processing chemicals.

Irrespective of your capacity to fix differential loss of dye layers
in C41 film, silver B&W films last longer given equivalent storage
conditions.

Marty