Subject: [Leica] Alpa STC
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 12:44:46 -0700

The biggest problem I see with the Alpa, is really that once you throw in
the money to get the great lens and movement, then you want, wait, wait, I
meant, NEED, one of those new IQ series back so you can have liveview and
use it for focus. Otherwise, you use a dinky little Leica laser rangerfinder
and a High Precision Mount which is nowhere near as fun, I meant, precise.
So now you're staring at a $20,000 40 megapixel back. Well, $9500 if one
have a P45 back to trade in.

But really, you may as well get the 60 meg back. That has to be the sweet
spot for optimal quality images.

***
Or a cheap 8x10 and scan film :-)

--