Subject: [Leica] IMG: Red-Headed Woodpecker
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 20:22:18 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Jim Nichols wrote:

The Red-Headed Woodpecker was plentiful in the 1930s and 1940s, but is
infrequently seen in our parts these days.  There is a pair in the
neighborhood, and occasionally one can be seen having a snack at one of the
feeders.  I looked out the window and saw the bright head today, and,
slipping out quickly, got one shot before it left.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Red+Headed+Woodpecker.jpg.html

Very nice, Jim!  Those pesky bright whites can be a problem for me too.

Whenever I have the time to, I'll take a few exposures w/o being concerned
about composition, check the histogram for clipping, and adjust exposure as
required.  Or I'll watch for the posture that hides most of the white.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Red-Headed Woodpecker)